We are excited to announce that we have two peer mentors on deck in the Writing Centre (Fir 402) for the remainder of the Spring term.
Megan Amato is available on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1-2pm. Alex Strang is in the Centre on Wednesdays from 2-4pm.
See you there!
- Maureen Bracewell – Anthropology
- Alison Hale – Education and Employment Access
- Cyri Jones – Business
- Aurelea Mahood – Capilano University ePortfolio Project Faculty Lead
- Kathy Moscrip – Education and Employment Access
- Sheila Ross – English
- Vicky Ross – English
- Sandra Seekins – Art History
- Jules Smith – Health Care Assistance
- Lori Walker – Communication Studies
- Becky Wayte – Adult Basic Education
A group of nearly 30 people gathered in the Capilano University Library this morning for a workshop with Tracy Penny Light (TRU) on Portfolios, Pedagogy, and Pathways.
The event was made possible through a grant awarded to the Folio Thinking CLC by the Faculty PD Committee in Spring 2016.
There was fantastic energy in the room and people left ready to explore “folio thinking” in their various home departments. It will be hard to follow Tracy’s advice that we “start small.” In the coming months, we look forward to using this site to share our findings as a campus learning community and build on the theoretical underpinnings and experience-based recommendations shared by Tracy.